As a result of our existing team uniform product line ceasing, GymSports NZ has been provided the opportunity to review and identify how to best service our members in this space. In the drive to gain better service efficiencies for members, and the desire to drive a more direct relationship between supplier and purchaser, a number of uniform supply options were considered.
Now that we are at the conclusion of these considerations, we are delighted to announce that Special Events Merchandise (SEM) will supply New Zealand team apparel for international events for the next three years. Additionally, SEM have agreed preferred supplier status with Chalk Gymnastics Wear to supply the performance wear components (gymsports specific).
Both suppliers have extensive knowledge and experience in clothing manufacturing and distribution, adding significant value for our teams traveling abroad.
The new partnership will streamline the process of team uniform ordering, and provide a number of exciting new benefits:
- Online system offering a one-stop-shop: view the product, order and pay, all online
- Email confirmation of order(s) placed
- Individual delivery to the member with online tracking
- Consistent branding of apparel – Puma (not including performance wear)
- Same sizes as local retailers (Rebel Sport, Stirling Sports etc.) providing an opportunity to try on before purchasing (not including performance wear)
- Online size guides (including measuring videos for performance wear)
- Performance wear provides more sizing options and variations that can be custom made to best fit the athlete
- Wider range of apparel to suit different overseas conditions
- Direct member communication with SEM regarding any aspect of product or supply
The partnership comes into effect on 1 March 2017, with all subsequent International Events requiring the new apparel.
This arrangement brings the purchase of team uniform in to the ‘digital age’ and more in-line with member expectations regarding the purchasing of team uniform. We look forward to working with SEM to make this proposition a reality for members.
– Tony Compier, CEO